Parents are responsible for transporting children open enrolled to another district.

Even when a student is entitled to special education and the transportation as a related service is included in the child’s IEP parents are responsible for transportation to an from the receiving district. However, if a child open enrolls to a district that is contiguous (borders) to the resident district, and the parents’ income meets economic eligibility requirements, the family may receive a stipend for transportation or be provided transportation by the district.