Welcome to ICSD Teaching and Learning
Mission: Committed to Excellence and Achieving a Lifetime of Success
The Indianola Community School District provides students with a rigorous and innovative curriculum, committed and engaging teachers, and nurturing environments that provide the opportunity for unlimited possibilities. Based on a philosophy of teaching and learning that is consistent with current research, exemplary practices, and state standards, Indianola CSD students will gain skills that will allow them to be successful over a lifetime.
Annette Jauron, Ed.S.
Director of Teaching and Learning
Office of Teaching and Learning
Theory of Action
- If the community is aware of and supportive of essential core skills
- If the school board has an understanding of current best practices in teaching and learning and responsibly allocates resources aligned with goals
- If administrators understand district goals and initiatives and actively help others make connections and if administrators are accountable for implementation of best practices and essential skills
- If teachers provide high levels of instruction using best practices and relate the content to students’ lives beyond school
- If parents understand and promote active, consistent attendance and active classroom participation
- If students understand why the Iowa Core content is important and relevant to their lives and are engaged in learning