Welcome New Students & Parents/Guardians!
On behalf of the staff and students in the Indianola Community School District, welcome! To enroll new students in preschool through 12th grades, the parent/guardian must turn in all required documentation to the Indianola Community School District Office before receiving a link to complete the online enrollment process.
Indianola Community School District
1301 E 2nd Ave
Indianola, IA 50125
Phone: 515.961.9500; Extension 1506
Office Hours: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday – Thursday; 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Friday
Helpful tips to know before you begin the enrollment process:
All new K-12 and ECSE (Early Childhood Special Education) students entering Indianola Community School District must provide the proper documentation to establish residency within the Indianola Community School District as required by Iowa law. The documents provided must always be in the parent/guardian’s name, and state the student’s current physical address. A post office box is not an acceptable address for the purpose of determining residency.
If you do not know whether your residence is within the Indianola Community School District, contact Denise Moss, District Enrollment Coordinator, at 515.961.9500 x1506, firstname.lastname@example.org, or go to the Warren County Assessor site.
A copy of one of the following documents will suffice, as long as it is complete, is in the custodial parent/guardian’s name, and lists the custodial parent/guardian’s current address:
- Printed Verification Page from the Warren County Assessor site
- Current Mortgage Statement or Current Property Tax Document
- Lease Agreement with Term Listed, signed by Landlord and Parent/Guardian
- Settlement Statement or Warranty Deed from New Home Closing
- Purchase Contract with Possession/Closing Date, signed by All Parties; or
- Current Utility Bill or Utility Deposit Receipt with Service Address and Service Dates shown.
Required Enrollment Documents:
Following are the required documents that the parent/guardian will need to submit to begin the enrollment process. It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to provide all of these documents before they will be provided the link to complete online enrollment.
- Student’s Immunization Records
- Student’s Proof of Birth (Immunization Records will suffice as proof of birth if they include the child’s date of birth.)
- Custodial Parent/Guardian’s Current Proof of Residency (as described above) for ECSE and K-12 students
- Pre-Enrollment Cover Sheet
The following are additional grade-specific paperwork requirements:
- Preschool: Preschool Physical (Child Health Form) (parent portion needs to be completed to enroll, and the physical must be turned in before their first day of school)
- K: Vision Screening and Dental Screening (must be turned into school up to 6 months after school starts)
- 3rd Grade: Vision Screening (must be turned into school up to 6 months after school starts)
- 9th Grade: Dental Screening (must be turned into school up to 6 months after school starts)
You must submit all required paperwork before we can enroll your child(ren) in the Indianola Community School District. Upon receipt of all required documentation, a link will be emailed to you to complete the online enrollment process through PowerSchool Enrollment. If you do not have access to a computer to complete the online enrollment form, we have computers available at the District Office. Please contact Denise Moss, District Enrollment Coordinator, at 515-961-9500, x1506 or email@example.com to set up an appointment.
Documents may be turned into the Indianola District Office at 1301 E 2nd Ave from 8AM – 4PM M-F. Documents may also be faxed to 515-961-9502, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, all documents should be dropped off together, or included within one email or fax. Incomplete packages may not be accepted. Please utilize the Pre-Enrollment Cover Sheet linked below to ensure you have all required documentation before submitting.
Falsification of any information or document required for residency verification or the use of the address of another person without actually residing there may result in revocation of student enrollment, being held liable to pay tuition for the time in attendance as a non-resident student, and filing a complaint with the appropriate law enforcement agency for criminal prosecution against all parties involved.
There are no fees due at enrollment. However, district fees are due by the first day of school. Parents/guardians may pay school fees for grades K-12 and complete a free/reduced lunch and fee waiver. For more information: https://www.indianola.k12.ia.us/departments/food-service/