Welcome New Students & Parents/Guardians!
On behalf of the staff and students in the Indianola Community School District, welcome! To enroll new students in preschool through 12th grades, the parent/guardian must turn in all required documentation to the Indianola Community School District Office before receiving a link to complete the online enrollment process.
Indianola Community School District
1301 E 2nd Ave
Indianola, IA 50125
Phone: 515.961.9500; Extension 1506
Summer office hours: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday – Thursday; 8:00 AM to Noon, Friday
Helpful tips to know before you begin the enrollment process:
All new K-12 and ECSE (Early Childhood Special Education) students entering Indianola Community School District must provide the proper documentation to establish residency within the Indianola Community School District as required by Iowa law. The documents provided must always state the student’s current physical address. A post office box is not an acceptable address for the purpose of determining residency.
If you do not know whether your residence is within the Indianola Community School District, contact Denise Moss, District Enrollment Coordinator, at 515.961.9500 x1506, email@example.com, or go to the Warren County Assessor site.
A copy of one of the following documents will suffice, as long as it is complete, and lists the custodial parent/guardian’s current address:
- Printed Verification Page from the Warren County Assessor site
- Current Mortgage Statement or Current Property Tax Document
- Lease Agreement with Term Listed, signed by Landlord and Parent/Guardian
- Settlement Statement or Warranty Deed from New Home Closing
- Purchase Contract with Possession/Closing Date, signed by All Parties; or
- Current Utility Bill or Utility Deposit Receipt with Service Address and Service Dates shown.
Required Enrollment Documents:
The following documents are legal requirements that you will need to submit during the enrollment process. It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to provide all of these documents before you will be sent the link to complete online enrollment.
- Custodial Parent/Guardian’s Current Proof of Residency (as described above)
- Student’s Immunization Records
- Student’s Proof of Birth (Immunization Records will suffice as proof of birth if they include the child’s date of birth.)
- Pre-Enrollment Cover Sheet (see link below)
The following are additional grade-specific paperwork requirements:
- Preschool: Preschool physical (parent portion needs to be turned in to enroll, the physical must be turned in before school starts)
- K: Vision Screening and Dental Screening (must be turned into school up to 6 months after school starts)
- 3rd Grade: Vision Screening (must be turned into school up to 6 months after school starts)
- 9th Grade: Dental Screening (must be turned into school up to 6 months after school starts)
You must submit all required paperwork before we can enroll your child(ren) in the Indianola Community School District. Upon receipt of all required documentation, a link will be emailed to you to complete the online enrollment process through PowerSchool Enrollment. (If you do not have access to a computer to complete the online enrollment form, we have computers available at the District Office. Please contact Denise Moss, District Enrollment Coordinator, at 515-961-9500, x1506 or firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.)
Documents may be turned into the Indianola District Office at 1301 E 2nd Ave from 8AM – 4PM M-F. Documents may also be faxed to 515-961-9505, or emailed to email@example.com.
Please note, all documents should be included within one email or fax. Incomplete packages may not be accepted. Please utilize the Pre-Enrollment Cover Sheet linked below to ensure you have all required documentation before submitting.
If you are enrolling your child(ren) for the current school year, you will have the ability to pay school fees for grades K-12 and/or complete a fee waiver and free/reduced lunch application.
If you have a Returning Student, which includes students in Purple & Gold preschool, you may enroll him/her through the Returning Student Enrollment link in the PowerSchool Unified Classroom Parent Portal.