Professional Learning Communities
Indianola CSD prides itself on functioning as a professional learning community (PLC).
What does it mean to be a PLC?
A PLC is an ongoing, job-embedded process in which the educators in our district work collaboratively in recurring cycles of collective inquiry and action research to achieve better results for the students in our district.
Professional Learning Teams (PLT) in Indianola:
- Focus on Learning
- Ensure a Collaborative Culture With a Focus on Learning for All
- Ensure Collective Inquiry Into Best Practice and Current Reality
- Have an Action Orientation: Learning by Doing
- Have a Commitment to Continuous Improvement
- Ensure a Results Orientation
DuFour, R., DuFour, R., Eaker, R., & Many, T. (2006). Learning by Doing: A Handbook for Professional Learning Communities at Work™, pp. 2–4.