Indianola High School is proud to have strong relationships with a variety of community organizations. Listed are just a few of the ways our school, students and families benefit from these partnerships:
Food Bank of Iowa
- The Food Bank of Iowa builds partnerships with community organizations to provide food to pantries so that children, seniors, and families have reliable means of accessing food.
Iowa Vocational Rehabiliation Services
- The mission of Iowa Vocational Rehabilitation Services is to work for and with individuals who have disabilities to achieve their employment, independence and economic goals.
Indianola Community Youth Foundation
- The ICYF mission is to build on Indianola’s reputation as a community committed to its youth by providing opportunities for kids to develop their personal best, make good choices, model positive behaviors, and build leadership skills.
- Simpson College students volunteer to tutor high school students.
Indianola Athletic Booster Club
- The Indianola Athletic Booster Club (IABC) was established in 1974 to subsidize the athletic department and our athletic programs, and provide facility improvements and services to our fans.
Indianola Music Booster Club
- The purpose of The Indianola Music Booster Club is to provide monetary support and advocate for all K-12 music programs in the Indianola Community School District. This is done through activities such as fundraising, publicity, volunteer assistance and others.
- The YMCA partners with the IHS Activities Department for swimming.
Indianola HOPE Foundation
- Building a stronger community by touching the lives of children and their families. Indianola Hope Foundation provides immediate, temporary assistance for needs relating to shelter, food, transportation, clothing and medical. Families of students enrolled in the Indianola Community School District are eligible. If you would like to donate or are interested in these services, please contact: Jackie: 515-250-7385 Jenna: 515-707-0423 Kris: 515-961-3203 Marie: 515-961-2951 www.indianolahope.org or IndianolaHope@gmail.com
- Genesis Development provides classroom training for students on job seeking and retainment skills. Genesis also provides a resource for students and parents in accessing adult services.
Indianola Mayor’s Youth Council
- Indianola High School students are chosen to serve on this council and have the unique opportunity to learn how government works, represent the youth in our community, and become actively involved with community projects and activities.
- INTERACT is a service club that develops leadership while discovering Service Above Self. Interact club organizes at least two projects every year, one that helps their school or community and one that promotes international understanding. Interact meets twice a month on Wednesdays after school.
Indianola Ministerial Association
- The Indianola Ministerial Association provides a Baccalaureate Service each year for graduating seniors.