Indianola High School Fast Facts
The positive learning community of IHS will stimulate rigorous academic growth for all students resulting in productive, contributing citizens prepared for life after high school.
- 1152 students enrolled in grades 9-12
- Numerous student activity offerings (see Activities tab)
- Digital 1:1 Learning Environment
- School day: 7:55-3:10 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday; 7:55-2:10 on Wednesday
- Less than 1% English Language Learner (ELL) population
- Approximately 8% minority student body
- Over 80% of students are proficient as measured by the Iowa Assessment for reading, math, science, and social studies
- Free and Reduced Lunch population of 21%
- IHS built in 1962
- Recent projects completed:
- Single point of entry to the building
- New Main Office and Counselor Offices
- New District Professional Development Rooms
- New Family and Consumer Science Classroom
- New Ag Classroom
- New Greenhouse Classroom
- New Stadium
- New Tennis Courts
- Reconditioned Gyms Floors and Painted Walls
- Renovated Baseball Facility
- Renovated Auditorium
- Approved visitors sign in at the office to receive a visitor’s pass. A photo ID is required.
- Daily Announcements and emails are on website and PowerSchool.
- Call the Attendance Office for all attendance communication and notes from home.
- Materials are delivered to students via the Main Office.
- Please reference the student handbook on this website for further information.