At the November 28th School Board Meeting the ICSD School Board approved ICSD’s new District Mission, Vision & Core Values.
Indianola CSD new district mission:
Indianola CSD is committed to excellence, preparing students for their future through quality staff and a strong community.
Defining our mission was a collaborative journey involving administrators, leadership teams, and the Strategic Planning Team, who worked tirelessly to define our desired daily experiences for students, families, and staff.
Together, we’ve shaped a mission that embodies the incredible teamwork and dedication to excellence that runs deep within our district.
ICSD’s new vision:
Indianola CSD will:
- Be the academic standard in preparing students for global success through rigorous and collaborative learning.
- Nurture social and emotional well-being, and maintain values of innovation, putting students first, being fiscally responsible, prioritizing safety.
- Promote a culture that builds a brighter future for all.
This vision embodies our refined district goals, crafted through collaborative efforts.
ICSD’s core values:
Core Values: Drivers of Our Words and Actions
- Compassion: Focus on sense of obligation to community and partnerships
- Excellence: Demonstrate a relentless and intentional effort in continuous improvement
- Expectations: Grounded in accountability, high standards, responsibility, climate, culture, and growth mindset
- Integrity: Doing the right thing through our words and actions with kindness aligned with values and beliefs
- Respect: Honor all individuals
The new mission, vision, and core values are a result of many sessions over the course of 10 months with our Strategic Planning Team, district leaders, and school board members, incorporating invaluable feedback from students, staff, and the community.