picture of Ihns TedHello Indianola Community School District, 

My name is Ted Ihns and I have the honor of serving as the new Superintendent of the Indianola Community School District. Prior to becoming the Superintendent at Indianola, I served in the following administrative roles:

• Superintendent Howard-Winneshiek Community Schools, Cresco, IA
  • Elementary Principal, Inver Grove Heights, MN
  • Associate Principal, Roseville, MN
  • Assistant Principal and Dean of Students, Farmington, MN 

Prior to becoming an administrator, I worked in school districts in both Iowa and Minnesota for 12 years as a K-12 Physical Education Teacher while also serving as coach or advisor to the following activities, football, basketball, baseball, student council, Junior Class and Peer Mediator sponsor in urban, suburban and rural school districts.

I received my Bachelor of Science Degree from Concordia University St.Paul. I earned my Master of Science Degree in Educational Leadership along with my K-12 Principal and Superintendent License from Winona State University.

On a personal note, I have been married for 27 years to my wife Pam. We have 4 children and one granddaughter.

Thank you for entrusting your children to our schools and staff. The Indianola Community School District is a remarkable place to learn and work because of our tremendous students, staff, and community. 

Ted Ihns

Superintendent

Indianola Community Schools

Proud Traditions…Unlimited Possibilities