Monday, October 29 4:00-8:00
Wednesday, October 31 2:30-3:50
Thursday, November 1 3:00-8:00 No School–School is not in session for students on Thursday
Friday, November 2 No School–School is not in session for teachers and students on Friday
As students transition to becoming young adults, we want to increase their active involvement in assessing their individual learning. Students need to be present at their conferences to share their report card and samples of their work from their portfolio.
Empty portfolio envelopes can be returned at the cafeteria or classrooms for reuse this spring. If parents are attending separately, please leave the portfolio contents/envelope in the crate for the other parent. If copies are needed, please go to the office. 8th graders will have an electronic portfolio to view.
- 6th and 7th grade families will start in the cafeteria to review portfolios.
- 8th grade families will start in the library to review electronic portfolios.
- Families can then move to the core wings to see the core teachers. Industrial Technology, music, health, PE, Family and Consumer Science, and art teachers will be in their individual classrooms.
Please keep your conferences with each teacher to the scheduled 10 minutes, and arrange a follow-up meeting if necessary.
Conference Format for Teachers
- Present student “I Can” learning statements
- Present data related to learning (grades, portfolio work, skill checklists, etc.)
- Discuss work habits (work completion, participation, on-task behavior, etc.)
- Discuss how to improve learning (goals, work habits, etc.)
- Answer parent questions
If the student-led conference format does not meet your needs, you can schedule a team meeting with many of the core teachers before school, after school, or during their team planning time on non-conference days.
We look forward to seeing you at conferences.
Annette Jauron, Principal