IMS 2020 LOCKER-CLEAN OUT
IMS plans on having three (3) different days for students to get their personal belongings:
Please sign-up on the scheduler link below. If you need assistance, please call – 515-961-9530
- Monday, May 18 from 12:00-7:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 19 from 12:00-7:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 20 from 12:00-7:00 pm
On Monday, May 18th and Tuesday, May 19th from 11:00 am-12:00 pm, high risk students may schedule to come before all other students. High risk is anyone with an underlying health condition or lives with someone of a similar situation.
Students will sign up for 10 minutes time slots via a similar process used to sign-up for Parent-Teacher Conferences:
- Click this link: https://signup.com/go/VvXoJNw
- Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
- Sign up! (NOTE: You will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com. As well, SignUp.com does NOT share your email address with anyone.)
- If you have a questions regarding the locker clean-out process, please contact Mrs. Ellis at: email@example.com
IMS GUIDELINES & PROCEDURES
All students must follow the guidelines and procedures listed below including CDC/IDPH recommendations to practice social distancing by maintaining (six) 6’ of personal space and/or stay home if they’re exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19:
STUDENTS ARE RECOMMENDED TO WEAR A MASK AND GLOVES
- Any type of face-covering such as bandanas or scarves will suffice.
- Any type of gloves such as latex, gardening, winter, etc. will do.
- Please note that IMS WILL provide disposable latex gloves (1 pair per student) if they don’t have a pair.
STUDENTS MAY ONLY ENTER IMS THROUGH FIELD HOUSE DOORS.
IMS will follow CDC/IDPH guidelines and limit three (3) students max per grade in the building at one time and only students scheduled will be allowed in the building and they will EXIT via:
- 6th grade = Exit only from SW Doors behind building – Parents will pick up students behind the school by bus pick-up zone.
- 7th grade = Exit only from the West Doors on the side of the building – Parents will pick up students in seventh grade exit location.
- 8th grade = Exit only from the NW Doors in front of the school – Parents will pick-up students in front of the main office. Students will exit out the 8th grade hall.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at each of the exits.
- We will have staff helping direct traffic as well as at entrances informing students when they can enter the building and also in the hallways ensuring students keep a safe distance from each other.
STUDENT LOCKER CLEAN-OUT PROCESS: Trash bags will be provided.
All lockers will be open/ajar.
- Students WILL ONLY be allowed to go into building where they will:
- Leave athletic gear on the table by the field house atrium.
- Pick up their music instrument. All 8th graders will turn in their lesson books for band and orchestra on the table. If you are returning a school instrument, please put your name, grade and teacher and tape it on the equipment and put it in the location designated.
- Orchestra/Band students will need to turn in all school-owned original copies of music.
- Clean out their PE locker by following staff guidelines. (Follow social distancing and exit out back of the locker room). Girls will exit out the back and go to the wrestling room door if weather permits. Street gym will be off limits.
- Retrieve their personal belongings from their grade level wing.
- Leave any school materials (textbooks, library books, etc.) etc. in a designated area.
- Leave all other items to be thrown away or recycled in the locker.
- Exit through the grade level door designated.
- Any item left behind will be disposed of on May 29th.
- Parents WILL ONLY be allowed into the building using the main entrance to pick up medication from the student health office. Parents may pick up medications while the students are cleaning out lockers. If parents do not pick up the medications, the medications will be destroyed on May 29th, as per Board Policy 507.2.
ALTERNATIVE PLAN POST-MAY
We understand that this plan may not work for all families and after May 21st we’ll send out alternative options for students.
Chromebooks WILL NOT be turned in and students will keep them during the summer months.
- If your student is leaving the district, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to check-in the Chromebook.
- Current 8th grade students will turn in their Chromebooks when they pick up their high school MacBook Air before school begins in the fall.
All artwork will be delivered in the Fall. This includes all artwork from class, Emerging Excellent artwork, Youth Art Month artwork and Square1Art products. Pictures hanging on the walls in the common area can be taken by the student.
Yearbook distribution will be at this time in front of the library.