Purple and Gold Early Childhood Programs
The Purple and Gold Programs use Creative Curriculum, a research and evidence-based comprehensive cur-riculum. The Creative Curriculum® identifies age-appropriate knowledge, skills and concepts important for early childhood children to acquire in each content area: literacy, math, science, social studies, the arts and technology.
The Creative Curriculum is aligned with the Iowa Early Learning Standards.
Quality Preschool Program Standards are implemented in the Purple and Gold Programs.
The Purple and Gold Programs are licensed through the Department of Human Services.
- Purple and Gold Programs are located at Whittier Elementary School.
- All Purple and Gold teachers have ob-tained a teaching license through the Iowa Department of Education. In addi-tion to the teacher, each classroom has an associate.
- Classroom sizes are limited to 20 students.
- Preschool is available for four-year-olds born on or before the fifteenth of Sep-tember of the current school year.
- Transitional kindergarten is available for five-year-olds born on or before the fifteenth of September of the current school year.
- All early childhood programs are inclu-sive and strive to meet the needs of all children including those with special needs.
- Morning and afternoon half-day programs are available.
- Purple and Gold Programs are provided without tuition as part of the Indianola Community School District's PK-12 pro-grams. Elementary textbook/supply fees apply.
- Indianola Child Care offers an optional wrap-around child care program.
Click here to read more >>